Who can visit The Mother Baby Center?
Our visiting guidelines have been updated to protect all patients, visitors and staff. Below are the visiting standards for both The Mother Baby Center and neonatal units.
Visiting at The Mother Baby Center
Allina Health visiting standards:
- In labor, delivery and triage areas, two support people are allowed.
- In ante-partum and post-partum areas, three support people plus up to two children (ages 5-17) from the patient’s household are allowed per day.
- For COVID-positive or symptomatic patients, one support person per maternal patient stay (includes triage, labor, delivery, ante-partum and post-partum areas). Compassionate Care Exceptions may apply.
- In addition to the patient’s support people, trained doulas are permitted for support in ante-partum, labor and delivery and post-partum units. Please note: Doulas are not permitted for COVID-19 positive or symptomatic patients.
- Masks are required at all of our locations, regardless of vaccination status.
For more information about COVID-19 from Allina Health, visit: Allinahealth.org/coronavirus
Visiting the neonatal units
Children’s Minnesota visiting standards:
- Four visitors are allowed at the hospital bedside, including parents/legal guardians.
- Children ages 5-17 must be from the same household as the patient in order to visit.
- All visitors ages 5 and up must wear a medical grade mask while in the facility, regardless of vaccination status. No visitors under age 5.
- All visitors are required to be screened for a wellness check when arriving, and may not visit if they are ill or in their infectious period for COVID-19.