Minneapolis – The Mother Baby Center at Abbott Northwestern and Children's Minnesota
Visiting Hours & Guidelines
Friends and family are welcome and encouraged to visit mom and baby at The Mother Baby Center. However, we ask all guests to abide by the visiting hours and health guidelines described below:
General visiting hours are from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
To help create a safe and welcoming environment, children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a non-patient adult in all areas. Visiting hours and guidelines may change. Ask concierge staff for current visiting hours and guidelines.
In order to maintain the health and safety of all patients, all visitors must abide by the following guidelines:
- Anyone who has not had chickenpox and has had a known exposure in the past three weeks is not permitted to visit patients. If you have received the chickenpox vaccine in the last three weeks, see the nurse or call the nursing station before visiting.
- Anyone who has symptoms of a contagious illness, such as a cough, cold, vomiting, diarrhea, cold sore or rash, should not visit patients.
- Expecting parents who have a contagious illness should talk with their nurse or doctor.
- All visitors are asked to follow hand-hygiene procedures by washing hands or using the antibacterial foam provided throughout the hospital.
- Only Mylar balloons are allowed. Latex balloons are not allowed because of the potential choking danger if balloons are chewed or swallowed by young children. Some individuals also have latex allergies.
If you or your family have any questions, please talk with your nurse or stop by the nurses’ station before visiting or call 612-775-5500.
The Mother Baby Center staff members are trained to respect the confidentiality of all patients by not discussing medical and family matters with other patients and families. We ask that you also respect the privacy of other patients and their families by not discussing their medical care with others.