Coon Rapids – The Mother Baby Center at Mercy with Children’s Minnesota
The Mother Baby Center
4020 Coon Rapids Boulevard
Coon Rapids, MN 55433
Directions & Parking
TAKE A TOUR
Visiting Hours & Guidelines
Friends and family are welcome and encouraged to visit you and your baby at The Mother Baby Center. However, we ask all guests to abide by the visiting hours and health guidelines described below.
WINTER VISITING GUIDELINES
All visitors to The Mother Baby Center will be screened for wellness every day to protect patients, families, staff and visitors from illness.
- Visitors will receive and wear a badge with a green, yellow or red sticker based on the screening:
- Green – May visit, no mask required
- Yellow – May visit, but mask required
- Red – May not visit inpatient areas, mask required
- Well children under age 5 are allowed to visit.
- Birth partners with a cough or sore throat may visit but must wear a mask.
- Visitors, including siblings, may not visit if they have a fever, cough, sore throat or runny nose.
- Please wash your hands or use the antibacterial hand cleanser provided throughout our facility.
Parents and siblings of newborns are welcome to visit anytime, however other family and friends should visit during visiting hours. General visiting hours end at 8 p.m. To help create a safe and welcoming environment, children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a non-patient adult in all areas. Visiting hours and guidelines may change.
In order to maintain the health and safety of all patients, all visitors must abide by the following guidelines:
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere on the hospital campus.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and wear shirts and shoes.
- No more than four visitors are allowed at the bedside at one time.
- Anyone who has symptoms of a contagious illness, such as a cough, cold, vomiting, diarrhea, cold sore or rash, should not visit patients.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments, or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- All visitors are asked to follow hand-hygiene procedures by washing hands or using the antibacterial foam provided throughout the hospital.
- Only Mylar balloons are allowed. Latex balloons are not allowed because of the potential choking danger if balloons are chewed or swallowed by young children. Some individuals also have latex allergies.
- Depending on a patient’s diagnosis, some nursing units may restrict flowers. For more information about floral and other delivery policies, please call 763-236-8111
If you or your family have any questions, please talk with your nurse, stop by the nurses’ station before visiting or call at 763-236-2229.
The Mother Baby Center staff members are trained to respect the confidentiality of all patients by not discussing medical and family matters with other patients and families. We ask that you also respect the privacy of other patients and their families by not discussing their medical care with others.